U.S. Admissions Summer School, July 2015
Yes You Can!
Your Successful Application to U.S. Universities, with Funding
EDMERICA Summer School: July 12-16, Moeciu de Sus
NEW: What Was Summer School Like? A Happy Participant Reports
Four days full of U.S. university excitement in four smart steps, with four U.S.-trained experts in the American university system and admission. Four star lodging and meals, and four nights to hunt for academic treasures, do U.S. campus activities, and enjoy American culture through iconic movies, volunteer spirit, music and dance in scenic Moeciu.
Ready to join EDMERICA and discover the beauty of U.S. education and its major impact on your personal development? Together we’ll explore strategies for planning your powerful application and acing the admission process. In our inspirational learning environment, with creative problem-solving activities, U.S. educational challenges and fun tasks rounded off by U.S. culture clubs in the evening, you’ll grow admissions savvy and develop a success-oriented approach. Just what you need to maximize your chances of attracting admission and financial aid from a U.S. university!
This intensive training program is for you…
…if you’re in high school – with a focus on those in grades 10 and 11 – or a recent graduate. Read on if you want to learn about the exceptional study opportunities in the USA and work for admission to U.S. undergraduate study through a powerful application package and a can-do approach.
During our four days together we’ll discuss the following and more:
- Intro to U.S. higher education: holistic admission, top academic standards, personalized curriculum, liberal arts education, student focus, professors as mentors and comprehensive campus support;
- The admission puzzle, both art and complex process: who gets in and why;
- Finding the perfect university after guided self-assessment, smart self-marketing (no humblebraggers here!) and navigating college rankings and available majors;
- The compelling application package: how to stand out in the pool of applicants;
- Essay writing must do’s: what the 650 word-essay can do for you and towards maximizing your chances for admission and funding;
- Powerful recommendation letters: strategies and best practices;
- Extracurriculars and the well-rounded student;
- Developing an application timeline that can make or break your application; milestones and your support system;
- U.S. study on a scholarship: types of funding, toolkit for you and your parents;
- Romanian success stories of academic achievement and personal fulfillment on the U.S. campus, both reached with massive financial support from U.S. universities.
WHEN: July 12-16, 2015
WHERE: Vlahia Inn, Moeciu de Sus, virtual tour at www.bit.ly/VlahiaINN in cozy three and four-bed rooms for networking in U.S. campus fashion
HOW: workshops, simulations, interactive sessions, student presentations, essay writing and assessment; hands-on learning; team work; individual feedback and follow up
GROUP SIZE: maximum 35 participants; admission on a rolling basis
HOW MUCH: €290 (paid in RON); includes room & board, educational activities, U.S. culture clubs
Application and selection process:
Friday, June 5 Application opens
Sunday, June 28, midnight Application period ends
Since there is a limited number of seats available, we will send out admission offers and waitlist status updates on a rolling basis (meaning first come, first served), in no more than seven business days after getting your complete application form. Once you are admitted to the program, you may enroll in our Summer School – by filling in and sending the dedicated forms you will receive and paying the pro forma invoice for the program fee – within five business days.