Today we’d like to introduce you to a new section on their website: the Virtual Counselor, ”a content library filled with thoughtful college-related advice for students and parents” with ”articles and videos by school counselors, teachers, admission officers, and college educators”.
According to Common App, this resource will include information and advice on:
- Finding your fitwhen you search for colleges;
- Prepping for the SAT/ACT;
- Requesting letters of recommendation;
- Starting your essay, choosing your essay prompt;
- Paying for college;
- Advice for first generation students (meaning students who are the first in their family to go to university);
- Tips for international students.
Common App also offers the Common App onTrack, ”a mobile companion to a student’s Common Application account used to keep track of application progress and stay ahead of deadlines by displaying each submission status, sending helpful notifications, and allowing the student to customize lists of reminders and tasks.” But it’s important to know that the app is made specifically to keep you on track, not allow you to edit your materials through it.
Afer you take a look at the Virtual Counselor, do write to us to let us know what you learned and what you’d like to know more about 🙂