Date(s) - 28.10.2015
16:30 - 18:00
You Are the Admissions Committee: Who to Admit? Who to Fund? Who to Place on the Waitlist?
Together with EDMERICA you will get guidance and inspiration for planning a successful U.S. admissions process. Romanian application samples will add much-needed insights into the application process and real-life strategies for success.
Who is the session for? High school and university students and graduates interested in living an enriching academic experience in the USA who need a change of perspective as well as guidance and support in organizing their application package and maximizing their admission chances.
The session will address the following issues, plus more:
- The U.S. campus requirements for academic success and expectations of academic prowess and rigor, as reflected in the application package;
- The well-balanced application package;
- Overview of the application documents and their role in the admission process;
- Inspirational evidence: application package specifics and financial aid review;
- Perception of Romanian students in the U.S. academic environment.
You will learn how to:
- Develop an application package that boosts your admission chances;
- Develop an application relevant to the campus of your choice;
- Adapt and adopt real-life strategies for success;
- Build a strong application that highlights your unique features and articulates your aspirations, educational and beyond;
- Apply critical thinking and make up for the weaker components in the application package;
- Make the most of the EDMERICA relevant services and solutions. “It can’t be done” doesn’t work with us.
- Access to the webinar platform: you will get a direct link prior to the session, so please make sure to check your inbox and, if need be, spam folders (please contact us if our email doesn’t reach you at the latest the night before the event);
- Format: interactive session with opportunities for practical activities and individual follow up activities;
- Duration: 90 minutes;
- Cost: free.
Bookings are closed for this event.