Date(s) - 23.10.2015
16:00 - 17:15
Together with EDMERICA you will start planning your successful personal essays that are crucial to your admission and financial aid success. Your strong application to a competitive study program with financial aid is the first step towards a rewarding professional life – and the essay can be the turning point of your application.
Who is this webinar for: high school students and graduates who want to study in the USA and are familiar with the unique features and benefits of U.S. study at undergraduate level and would therefore like to approach the application process effectively, with a gripping, memorable essay full of insight and creativity that will distinguish them in the pool of applicants, so as to significantly increase their chances of admission.
The webinar will address the following issues:
- Admission essays: purpose, length, and expectations in the context of the U.S. academic culture;
- How to plan an essay that sheds fresh light on your personality, accomplishments and challenges;
- Standing out from the pool of applicants: what the essay can do for you;
- What the admission committee reads in your 650 powerful words;
- What accounts for essay writing success: the Romanian students’ perspective.
You will learn how to:
- Dispel U.S. admission mystique, get insider information, become savvy about the U.S. application package, plan realistically for admission success;
- Develop a timeline for the essay writing process, with milestones and support system;
- Write a powerful, self-revealing, intense prose that recommends you for admission, with financial aid, too;
- Attract support in developing an effective approach to admission essay writing and ultimately a compelling essay;
- Use the essay to enhance your application and maximize your admission chances;
- Turn the essay – the only item in the application package you have full control over – into the highlight of your application;
- Make sure the essay speaks volumes about you, your unique features and accomplishments;
- Access Romanian tips for successful essays that inspire and guide towards academic achievement and personal fulfillment on a U.S. campus.
- Access to the webinar platform: you will get a direct link prior to the session, so please make sure to check your inbox and, if need be, spam folders (please contact us if our email doesn’t reach you at the latest the night before the event);
- Format: interactive session with opportunities for practical activities and individual follow up activities;
- Duration: 75-90 minutes;
- Cost: free.
Bookings are closed for this event.