Date(s) - 14.03.2016
10:00 - 11:00
Together with EDMERICA you will start exploring the U.S. admissions system and plan for your successful admission and scholarship application to the U.S. universities of your dreams.
Who is this interactive session for? High school students who are interested in international education and would like to explore the U.S. academic environment and its wide-ranging opportunities for academic excellence and self-development.
The session will address the following issues:
• Why study in the USA? Opportunities for international students on U.S. campuses;
• The application package and strategies leading to successful admission;
• Application calendar and costs. Time and financial management advice;
• How to maximize chances of admission and minimize costs;
• Romanian students’ best practices.
You will learn how to:
• Plan realistically and consider alternatives to reduce the financial pressure of the application stage;
• Attract stakeholders’ support in developing your application and financial milestones;
• Learn the dollar value of persistence and flexibility;
• Access Romanian success stories that will inspire and guide you towards academic accomplishment and personal development in the U.S. academic environment, both reached with significant financial support from a U.S. university;
• Access the specific support services that EDMERICA provides to ease the financial burden of a U.S. education and to facilitate admission to study programs with financial aid.
- Location: off site, at high schools where students are interested in U.S. study;
- Format: Interactive group session;
- Duration: 50 minutes or class time;
- Cost: free.