Date(s) - 29.10.2015
17:00 - 18:00
An enriching conversation with Adina, EDMERICA long-time friend currently completing her PhD at a top university in the United States. Adina started her PhD right after completing her Bachelor’s studies at a top women’s college in the USA on almost full funding.
Together with EDMERICA and our friends on U.S. campuses you will get inspired into planning a successful U.S. study application alongside your financial aid application. Together they will make for a most enriching study experience in the USA.
Who is the session for: anyone interested in U.S. study who is ready for peer advice and first-hand information – in other words, for real-life examples and best practices from the very source.
The session will address the following issues, plus much more:
- The ingredients of success: the university-applicant match revisited after successful admission;
- Inspirational evidence: application package specifics and financial aid review;
- U.S. campus highlights: academics and extracurriculars;
- The everyday life of a Romanian student on a U.S. campus: joys and challenges;
- Tips for successful adjustment on the U.S. campus: best practices.
You will learn how to:
- Identify and select educational approaches that match your personal style and goals;
- Adapt and adopt real-life strategies for success;
- Discover new educational opportunities and develop a fresh and productive perspective;
- Excel at highlighting your strengths and the compatibility with the universities of your choice;
- Connect with Romanian students on U.S. campuses and develop an insider approach;
- Employ the comprehensive support EDMERICA provided to students currently enrolled in the USA before their departure to their U.S. campus;
- Discover that EDMERICA always offers you solutions. “It can’t be done” doesn’t work with us.
- Access to the webinar platform: you will get a direct link prior to the session, so please make sure to check your inbox and, if need be, spam folders (please contact us if our email doesn’t reach you at the latest the night before the event);
- Format: interactive session with opportunities for practical activities and individual follow up activities;
- Duration: 60 minutes;
- Cost: free.
Bookings are closed for this event.