Date(s) - 28.05.2015
16:00 - 17:30
Together with EDMERICA you will be able to guide your students towards U.S. academic destinations, support them throughout the process, and increase their chances of attracting admission and scholarships from U.S. universities.
Who is this session for? High school teachers and school counselors who would like to support their students applying to U.S. study programs and facilitate their access to quality education on U.S. campuses.
The session will address the following issues:
- Unique features of U.S. universities:
Liberal arts philosophy and the careers of the future;
The holistic approach to admissions: the well-rounded student;
Service learning and community service as U.S. university priorities; consequences for the application package;
General education and declaring a major at the end of year 2;
Campus support system and the drive to excel.
- Supporting your students’ admission efforts;
- Powerful recommendation letters;
- Admission essays that make or break the application.
You will learn how to:
- Identify your students’ academic
- Provide basic guidance for U.S. study;
- Direct your students towards reliable sources of information;
- Write strong recommendations to support your students;
- Offer basic guidance for admission essay writing;
- Provide constructive critique on the admission essay.
- Location: EDMERICA office in Bucharest;
- Format: interactive group session built around PPT presentation and case studies;
- Group size: 20-25 participants;
- Duration: 90 minutes;
- Cost: free.
Bookings are closed for this event.